Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Honour my teacher Mr. Unger

Dear Mr. Unger,

I have finally resolved my Prairie experience, with a
small insignificant website.  I have replaced the
older materials with new contents that reflected what
I see as my experience, a satirical ironic experience.
Yet I find it necessary to honour your presence, so
allow me to do so with a humble attempt, a poem.

The following is found at the website

www.phs1985.com

"I find it a humbling experience to stand and describe
the man who taught me life and biology.  In the
picture above, he is the teacher as depicted.  He is
the reason why and where I am, a biology major, and
has given me fatherly advice many time during the
difficult years especially on the Board at Prairie,
2003-2004.  I wish to commemorate him in this way, and
I am sure I fall short of words to describe his
greatness.  See this as a humble try.

Teacher, Father, and a Prince
Sits among the men his unequal
For his mind far superior to many of his colleagues
Yet he sits, waits and attends to his children

His children come from sea to sea
They seek his teachings, his fatherly advice
Many confused, and lost in Bio-Thirty
Yet with his clear guiding light they see

A man of faith, patience, and excellence
His germanic make up, his firm strength
He medical mind a great asset
To the children he shepherds

A gentle shepherd, and a strong warrior
Guards his lambs from modern faults
His spirit, a pure grace, alights
Many in their own dark moments

He retires, his seeming un-remembrance
Yet his life, his teaching thrives
In the hearts of all his children
They honour him with each life moments

God bless thee, Mr. Unger!
May He grant thee peace and joy
In the years that He has blessed thee with
For in His presence thou shalt stand

In the Almighty's fold thou shalt be
One day, he favors thy presence amongst His saints
Yet for a little while we beg
Tarry here for our sake!"
    

No comments:

Post a Comment