Saturday, October 15, 2011

For the love of God

Hi Linda:

We have never met but my time at Prairie was idealized during 1984=1985 with the High School.  Beyond my years at Prairie we continue to support the school financially until I was asked to be on the Board by Ohlhauser in 2003, which I joined the Board and quit in 2005 after the General Ed was closed.  Your letters to the past and present president of Prairie are carefully read and appreciated and although I have no such experiences  with Prairie, I thought the best is to continue to encourage you and be brave enough to do the right thing.  Bringing things to light and to allow these people to have a voice, it is not with intentionto destroy an institution such as Prairie, but rather as you have said, to allow victims to speak and to get closure.
I must say that after the Board experience, it too was deeply troubling and traumatizing because working with Ohlhauser was no more conducive than what you are trying to do with Ted Rendall.  Almost all fundamentalists have a trait of dead hard hearts to science or truths.  All they want to hear, in my opinion, is their voice.  Drowning out others, silencing others, and most all, ignoring others.......it is a trait.  Ohlhuaser did it to many others, and he is a prime example for me to finally quit the school thing altogether, no longer give money to this school.  My ideas about God has undergone tremendous evolution, and if you read the Calgaryswerve about my respsonses, it would not to an understatement.
Past victims such as your group, and many others, I do seriously wonder where is this 'god' of love  when all these atrocities were carried out and covered up.  All this done in his name, and god has not responded.  I think I understand why many left after abuses they suffered in the belief that God/god is love.  I think I am better off putting my trust in a human community.  This is where we all belong, and into this community we each play a role and finally, if there is a God (must it be so?), it is about the human relations we each cherish.  God for me transcends all these, and is in capable to deal with such until we take the helm and boldly go with our inner guiding light.
Thanks once again, and save another child, prevent this from occurring to anyone we know.
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment