Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Collected Thoughts on the Bible

It seems to me that a collection of books and records has been elevated to a pedestal that it cannot fail?  So it is hailed as the Word of God and has every perfection known to men.  I mean, sometimes ago I even found this, someone is hailing the 'biblical diet' and promoting it as the healthy way to live.  Everything about it, is perfect, and even the ground they walked on.  This holy land phenomenon, and everyone, if they had money, would like to visit the holy ground that Jesus walked on,  


It makes little sense to me, that this holy diet is the way to go, if the Inuits adopt this diet, they will all die.  Literally, the Inuits are suppose to live in the land of ice and snow with tundra.  The cannot access the regular iron/rare vitamins, except if they drink blood and eat the innards of their games.  They usually leave the steaks to dogs,since there is no nutrients,  So, these Inuit are dying already since they left their ancient ways and try to live in the 21st century, things had to be flown in since they don't have access to grains/bread/modern diets.  So, they are having diabetes and other modern diseases, as soon as they adopt this way.  When I found out about this biblical nonsense, then, I realize, the bible was written by people who lived in that area, within a period of time.  They are limited to such time-space continuum.  They are not absolutes like we put them on a pedestal.  


I refuse to blindly read and give it a pass,.  I no longer do.  I read the portions that touch me, issues of emancipation, of love and mercy.  These prayer so profoundly touch me by the Psalmists.   I however, have learned to leave the infallibility issue behind.  Perhaps the closest I will come to, is that it contains the words of God, and if there is a God, his words must be everywhere, inhis works, his animals and his people.  That would be a universalized event.  It is not partial or limited to only a narrowly elf-appointed people and they do not alone have this grace.  They make mistakes like we do, their culture sink into their texts, their way of life, their cruelty, their insularity and their ways to treat women, children, infidels, atheists, and gays are permeating through their holy texts, ad by blindingly subscribing to these murderous thoughts, we have committed the unspeakable crime against humanity,

So may the modification of the words of Jesus:  Bible is written for man, not man for Bible, man is also Lord of the bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment