Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Jew'ish and Christian

What I did appreciate about Prairie, is the power of faith lived out in the simplest possible way, irregardless of money or other resources. This is the greatest power of faith. What Ohlhauser did was to dismantle that and instate modern consumerism in its place. This perversion, and the following of dismantling my high school, was the final blow to my Evangelical departure. This way is no more different than what other s do, and the sacred cow is dead. BUt I am still working out my biblical faith, as I read these more disturbing thought, one occurred to me, that as our founder had to do, he side stepped many many Mosaic laws, and taunted Jewish in public, which finally received his untimely death. I think what marks the differences , as mcuhas the EV people taught the completeness of the Bible, is that Jewish faith is a tribal narrow faith, focus on their own well being, and money, whereas Christian faith is a universal faith focuses on the welfare of all. Bey sidestepping and disregarding much of the Jewish sacred texts, and kosher practices, and laws where it is no longer relevant to modern society, Christian reading of the Bible is fianlly free from its initial prejudice and hate. This, you may find that if I share that with Becky, she will fall off her chair (literally)

No comments:

Post a Comment